Buy Low Price From Here Now
The NUVI1390T 4.3" Ultra Thin GPS Navigator features a widescreen ultra slim design (approximately 25% thinner than previous models), enhanced user interface, ecoRoute, public transit mode and text-to-speech. The n vi 1390T offers pedestrian navigation capability enabled through optional CityXplorer maps. CityXplorer maps are available for select tourist destinations in North America and Europe and can easily be downloaded directly to the n vi. The nuvi's enhanced user interface features improved graphics and a new slide control for menu operation, while ecoRoute suggests fuel-efficient routes to save drivers money and fuel. Also, Garmin's new public transit mode allows you to navigate using buses, tramway, metro and suburban rail systems. Steer clear of traffic with nuvi's traffic receiver by receiving alerts about traffic delays and road construction that lie ahead on your route. Junction view - View realistic images of upcoming junctions where available Map data is provided by NAVTEQ Bluetooth wireless technology, enables hands-free calling with a compatible phone ecoRoute - Drivers can view suggestions for fuel-efficient navigation, conserving both money and fuel Speed limit indicator - unit displays speed limits for most major roads Public transit - Navigate using buses, tramway, metro and suburban rail systems with optional CityXplorer content. Download at garmin website. Where Am I? feature - Find closest hospitals, police stations, gas stations, nearest address, intersection and coordinates Bright 4.3 diagonal color display; 480 x 272 pixels; WQVGA TFT display with white backlight Trip computer records mileage, max speed, total time Built-in travel kit includes picture viewer, world clock, currency and measurement converters and calculator MicroSD memory card slot Offers 3-D mapping, or 2-D overhead view Dimensions - 4.8W x 2.9H x 0.6D; Weight - 5.7 ounces Built-in lithium-
Readmore
Technical Details
- Widescreen ultra-slim GPS design with 4.3-inch WQVGA touchscreen display; interface features improved graphics and a new slide control for menu operation
- Pre-loaded with City Navigtor NT maps for North America, including more than 6 million points of interest
- Bluetooth wireless technology enables hands-free calling with a compatible phone; included traffic receiver provides North America traffic information
- Public transit mode allows you to navigate using buses, tramway, metro, and suburban rail systems; Pedestrian navigation capability enabled through optional CityXplorer maps
- NOTE: Model number on the box is 1390T because the traffic receiver is included; however, the model number on the device itself is 1390 as the "T" in 1390T refers to the additional component
See more technical details
2010-04-21
By Cyndee Lafantaine (Maricopa AZ)
I purchased my garmin nuvi 1390, because I am the worlds worst at getting my self lost. Not showing up on time because I lost my directions or construction or something else. To be quite honest the Garmin is a wonderful product type the address or the name of a place and it appears and guides me to my destination. Thank you for such a wonderful product. It is like my own genie in a bottle gets me where I want to go.
2010-04-11
By toolio (NC)
Apparently all Garmin GPSs come with one free map update. This is important since our previous GPS was an LG which shipped with four year old maps, and they wanted $100 to send current maps. High five to Garmin for not being cheap like LG.
I tried to update the maps online, but apparently the GPS was actually shipped with 2010 maps. Another point for Garmin for sending current maps.
I turned it on for the first time and it asked me what my region was. I selected United States. Then it asked me what my language was. I selected American English. Then a loading hourglass showed up for a couple seconds and it asked me if I would like to read each End User License Agreement individually or just agree to all of them. I agreed to all of them. Then it asked me if I wanted to go to the map or enter an address.
I was hoping the initial process of telling it that I'm in the US was a one-time initialization step. But no, apparently you have to tell the GPS every time you power it on what country you're in. It's a freaking GPS, why do I have to tell it what country I'm in?
The same goes for selecting your language. Apparently Garmin wants to make sure I didn't learn a foreign language and forget my current one since the last time I used the GPS.
And every time you start the GPS, you have to again agree to the list of End User License Agreements. I understand all businesses are scared that somebody without common sense might try to use the GPS as an emergency flotation device and then sue the manufacturer when they drown, but enough with the freaking End User License Agreements. One is more than enough and I should only have to agree to it once. At least I can still start my car without having to agree to a EULA.
So anyway, I tried to enter my first address after I told the GPS where I was, what language I speak, and that I agree to their multiple pages of lawyer babble. The buttons are pretty small, so within the first three letters my hot dog fingers hit the wrong button. I tried to hit backspace (little pencil eraser button) but it wouldn't work. I finally decided to reset the GPS in case it was just a temporary bug.
After resetting, I again told the GPS what country I'm in, what language I speak, and that I agree to their multiple pages of lawyer babble. Then I went in to the address portion again and tried to enter an address. The backspace button still didn't work, but I noticed this time that the button next to it (right arrow) was performing the backspace function. In addition, the left arrow button was performing the right arrow function, and the right side of the address block was performing the left arrow button. This only seemed to happen on the top row of buttons, so I'm returning it.
2010-04-06
By D. Sanders
I bought this as a gift for my husband and he absolutely loves it! He can make calls on it, track his gas mileage and the price in gas it costs him to go from one point to another, and it's portable. This is an awesome GPS and surprisingly, I can use it too :)
2010-03-30
By Jacek Grinholc
It is really unbelievable just how bad this navigation is. I do not mean navigation itself, but the user interface.
I had a tom-tom before but I wanted to try someting else and I cannot believe that this navigation is actually sold and bought.
One example-preparing your journey at home(no gps signal). Tom-tom goes to menu-navigation-navigate from A to B.Done. Garmin- go to menu, go to settings, go to satellites, choose satellite simulation ON. Huh? Then go to map, find the start location, choose "set position" and then you can continue. There is NO manual attached to this navigation, so you have to figure that out yourself. Took me 3 hours to figure that out. Man selling me this navigation in the store also gave up after half an hour. This is the most unintuitive thing I have ever seen. And why don't you have manual attached to something that cost over 100 EUR ???
Second example-while navigating battery gets low. In Tom-tom- sound signal and small flashing object on the screen. In Garmin- map gets off(!!!) and you get a warning with "OK" that must be pressed on the screen. Imagine that happening right before some big crossing. You are left without any help, not to mention how dangerous can it be to be forced to press the screen while driving.
Third example-connecting the navigation to computer with USB. You can not turn it on. There is no program to use in an your computer while connected. You have to hope that this thing is actually charging and disconnect it when you think that the time is right.
Fourth example- finding alternatives to the calculated route. No feature "avoid part of the route", no feature "road blocked in...". And "Find another route" ? I had set navigation from North Poland to centre of Czech republic. About 1000 km long. Plenty of possibilities to drive. And when I wanted to see what the other possibilities are, the system calculated alternative, when only difference was after leaving parking lot i should turn not left to the main street, but right and go around the block. So the only difference was on the first 50 meters. What is that supposed to be ? Joke ?
Do not buy this thing- classical paper map works much better.
2010-03-29
By A. Louden
I want to just echo some of the earlier comments that the Garmin quality is not what it used to be. My issues: the voice quality on this GPS was poor, the audio cuts off mid sentence when providing directions, the map refresh rate is poor, with frequent freezing between screens, the touchscreen was not very sensitive in a specific area on the touchscreen, and the display sometimes spins way off axis when I am on an exit ramp. I couldn't deal with these. I will say that the traffic service was good, but this was only after purchasing Clear Channel's Total Traffic Network for $60. Navteq Traffic (included for free) was not very good.
In addition to trying two of these units, I also tried the 765T. That model was even worse. This is why I made the general comment about Garmin's quality. Good units to consider: c580 (bulky, but it's a dependable gem. Had no problems over two years), nuvi 265WT (bought this for my wife, she has had no problems. However, it lacks the bells and whistles of the 765T and the 1390T). As for me, I have decided to try a different brand. I have given Garmin enough chances.
Edit (April 13, 2010): With great reluctance, I decided to give the 1390T another shot.
Pros: user-friendly interface, usually plots the best routes to my destination,text-to-speech, automatic day/night screen change, free map update within 30 days of purchase (generally, Garmin maps are more updated), lifetime traffic, lane assist (a must have when you are in unfamiliar territory), Bluetooth (connected to my env touch with ease and the connection is stable. it also downloaded my phonebook and call history)
Questionable utility: Junction view. Nice in principle, but in practice it's not a feature you will make much use of). Still, a nice perk.
Cons: You could raise a family by the time the process of updating your maps is completed. it is a very long process. Navteq traffic has spotty coverage in my area and its accuracy is questionable. I recommend getting Clear Channel traffic which seems to be more accurate in the DC area and provides wider coverage. Other cons: no Multi-point routing. You cannot plan a trip with multiple stops. The best you can do is route to a POI (or favourite) while en route to your destination. You are then prompted to add this point as a stop en route. Not really an issue for me. A major problem with garmin is the detour function. When I plot a trip and ask garmin to plot a detour, it does so poorly. Typically, it will route me around the block then back to the original route. No garmin model I have had has ever excelled in this area. If I miss a turn or decide to take another route, it does well plotting the most direct route to the destination, but in general, tomtom and especially Magellan excel in this department. Why can't Garmin? Garmin's customer service, especially by phone, is bad. Long waits are the norm, and agents seemed unresponsive to my concerns.
Another problem that made me give up: GPS froze while I was taking a call. it stopped navigating, the screen stopped updating as I drove. The only thing that worked was the call which was completed. That has never happened before with any Garmin unit I owned. This was the last straw. Too many little bugs and a firmware thal made the unit worse (see below).
I would also recommend NOT updating the software when/if you get the 1390T. The moment I updated the firmware, the audio went south: spoken instructions were constantly cut off. Repeatedly. And the map refresh rate (redrawing the maps as I drive) deteriorated. Others have reported even more serious trouble upon updating the firmware. I tried to tell Garmin's customer service that there was a problem, but they didn't seem to think so (or did not want to admit this).
Images Product
Buy Garmin nüvi 1390/1390T 4.3-Inch Widescreen Bluetooth Portable GPS Navigator with Traffic Now
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar