Buy Low Price From Here Now
Technical Details
- Bright 4.3-inch diagonal color touchscreen; 480 x 272 pixels, WQVGA TFT display with white backlight
- Sleek, ultra-thin design fits easily in pocket
- Preloaded with City Navigator North America NT
- Supports Bluetooth wireless technology for hands-free calling when paired with Bluetooth-enabled cell phones
- NOTE: Model number on the box is 265WT because the traffic receiver is included; however, the model number on the device itself is 265W as the "T" in 265WT refers to the additional component
See more technical details
2010-03-24
By Troy Bell (Bloomsburg, PA)
Bought this to replace a TomTom One. Screen is great. Traffic alerts work well but hard to read when driving. Found places locally and in other states as I travel a lot. Overalla great product that I really like and is easy to use out of the box.
2010-03-24
By rhythm (USA)
i bot this product 3 months ago and its doing pretty good... quite clear... recalculates very fast.. n easy to use...
2010-03-22
By Bobby J (Sterling, VA United States)
I bought this in November to replace a Magellan GPS unit.
I know my area relatively well, and I still love the feel and usability of a map book, but a GPS is useful for a number of reasons, among them being able to not have to look at a book while driving and seeing distances. And with this unit, the traffic.
Pros:
-A very good mount. My last GPS unit's mount was large and awkward. Garmin's ball joint-style mount allows for precise and easy setting.
-Directions are good. I drive an ambulance and use this unit to get to emergency scenes. I'm still wary and we always use the department-provided directions as a backup, but the unit hasn't misled us yet. In personal use, I haven't had many problems not uncommon to GPS units in general. In either use, the maps are the most useful feature. It's good to see what roads are coming up or where I am.
-The speed limits are useful and accurate.
-Traffic is typically fairly accurate. Sometimes I hit some slowdowns before being alerted to them, but in routing mode it will alert you of backups anywhere on your route. It does use a small ad when stopped to support the free traffic, but it takes up so little space and is gone the moment you start moving.
-The connection to the satellites is quick and accurate, and even tracks when it's off so if I travel across the county and turn it on it gets location quickly.
-Pronounces street names in Australian English. I know it does it in North American English and probably British English. In case you were wondering.
-Garmin's online portal is very good and interacts well with the unit. Updating is very very easy, and the extras the provide (different icons for the car, for example) are fun.
Cons:
-In the US at least, should display secondary roads with a name and a number in parentheses, and the opposite for primary roads. Example: it says and displays "Turn right on VA-637" (it pronounces "Virginia"), but the road isn't readily signed or referred to as 637, but rather Cascades Parkway (a minor route). Conversely, it will say and display "Turn left on Harry Byrd Highway", which is more well-known and signed as Route 7 (VA-7, a major primary route), but is at least signed with the road name. This is not a problem with the unit, but Garmin's software and maps. Still a minor annoyance. While that might be ideal in some locations (SoCal?), it should at least display and speak both.
-Requires a more forceful touch than the Magellan I'd been using. With that unit, I could just barely touch the screen and it would register my touch. This just feels like I have to add the extra force and a little more time to type.
-Bluetooth is so-so. It doesn't store/access my contacts so it requires me to know the number or use my phone to find the contact. I personally don't use it and haven't.
Overall a good unit, and I am very satisfied. I will probably stick with Garmin from now on and would definitely recommend this unit to anyone.
2010-03-19
By Samuel Louis (Natick, MA USA)
This is my third GPS. My first was the Garmin Streetpilot 330C, arguably the best GPS ever made. I sold it to get a 340C, which is essentially the 330C with street name announcing, which is an essential feature. It also performed excellently, but one day I saw an ad for a refurbished 265WT at a can't refused price, and jumped on it.
So far, the 265 has performed as expected. I like the wider screen and its slightly (but not drastically) faster satellite reception. Unlike the 340C, which began to take longer and longer to pick up satellites and lost reception on a regular basis, the 265 hasn't lost reception once. I like having speed limits and graphics of upcoming turns displayed, although I find it bit confusing to have the name of the next turn, rather than the current street I'm driving on, displayed all the time. If you have 50 miles to go until your next turn, it doesn't do you much good to see that name of that next turn off on there. No big deal, though. The voice quality is roughly the same as the 340 (which was not as clear or loud as the 330, but I suppose the need to do text to speech created this compression). I like having a wider range of accents to choose from. On the 340, I always used the authoritative British female voice (we called the 340 "The Nanny" because she was a bit stern), but now I'm using the female Australian. I also like being able to download extras like vehicles.
In terms of the interface, it's not incredibly different than the 330/340. I do like having the QWERTY keyboard even if the buttons seem a bit smaller than the older Garmins.
It's a nice unit, but not perfect. I've had a couple of routing glitches where, even with "less time" and "shorter distance" chosen it still sent me on a longer route and didn't recognize a shortcut I know about. On another situation, one time I was less than a mile away from my house but the 365 said it would be another hour before I got there. The FM traffic function isn't particularly timely or accurate, indicating traffic jams where none exist. Battery life is anemic compared to the 330/340. And is kind of bothersome that it doesn't come with a separate charging cable. I have two different legacy Garmin charging cables that I've been thinking of trying out (since they all use the same adapters), but I'm afraid of burning it out so I haven't done it yet. Fortunately, I do have my old 340 USB cable so I was able to use that to update the software rather than buy another. I'm not sure why the map update took 6 hours on some others' computers; on mine it got down in less than two.
The only thing this is missing for me is lane assist, but I've heard this works sporadically, and I think I'd rather have my eyes on the road when making a complicated maneuver than counting on the GPS screen, so it's no great loss.
Overall, a very good unit, especially if you can get it on sale. As I said, mine was a refurb unit that looked perfect.
2010-03-18
By K. Abrams (Denver, Colorado USA)
We are really happy with this device. We travel a lot so it is very convenient to throw in a rental car or just our own car around town.
Images Product
Buy Garmin nüvi 265W/265WT 4.3-Inch Widescreen Bluetooth Portable GPS Navigator with Traffic Now
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar