Buy Low Price From Here Now
Amazon.com Product Description The venerable Garmin 60CS just got a whole lot better. The 7.5-ounce GPSMap 60CSx now features an insanely accurate, high-sensitivity GPS receiver by SiRF that tracks your position even in tree cover and canyons. Plus, you get a bright, sunlight-readable color TFT display and an included a 64 MB microSD card for storage of optional map detail. Add all that to the 60CSx's integrated barometric altimeter and electronic compass, and you've got a unit that is ready to take you anywhere on land or sea.
The 60CSx is a refreshing upgrade of the 60CS, and features a removable microSD card for detailed mapping memory. View larger. |
The device features the powerful SiRF GPS navigation chip for supreme accuracy in all conditions. You also get an electronic compass and a barometric altimeter. |
You also get a large color TFT display and turn-by-turn routing capability. |
You can use the 60CSx's memory card slot with preprogrammed microSD cards from Garmin (sold separately) that provide topographic maps, city streets, and nautical charts. In fact, the unit is compatible with most Garmin MapSource products including BlueChart, City Navigator, U.S. Topo 24K, and U.S. Topo and Recreational Lakes with Fishing Hot Spots. The unit comes preloaded with an Americas autoroute basemap that provides automatic routing capabilities including highways, exits, and tide data. There's also a preloaded marine point database. You can even get turn-by-turn directions when you're driving, and an integrated trip computer provides odometer, stopped time, moving average, overall average, total time, max speed, and more.
The 60CSx's 2.6-inch, 256-color TFT color display is designed to present mapping and trip information clearly and accurately in any lighting conditions. Plus, the case is lightweight, rugged, and water resistant to IEC 60529 IPX7 standards (can be submerged in one meter of water for 30 minutes). When using two AA alkaline batteries, you'll get up to 20 hours of battery life from the unit. The unit's barometric altimeter system features automatic pressure trend recording while providing current elevation, ascent/descent rate, minimum/maximum elevation, total ascent and descent, and average and maximum ascent and descent rate. Meanwhile, the electronic compass allows you to get accurate headings while standing still.
Another key feature of the 60CSx is the 10,000 point automatic track log; 20 saved tracks (500 points each) let you retrace your path in both directions. There's also a large-numbers option for easy viewing, as well as a dual-position display mode.
The 60CSx's trip computer provides odometer, stopped time, moving average, overall average, total time, max speed, and more. Meanwhile, a fast processor allows the 60CSx to provide quick auto-routing, turn-by-turn directions, and audio alerts when you use the optional MapSource software, which can be stored on the unit's included 64 MB microSD card. Downloading information is quick with the USB or serial port interfaces. Using the dedicated serial port, the 60Cx can share navigation instructions with repeaters, plotters, and autopilots. The four-position rocker pad and dedicated high-use buttons make navigating through the unit's features easy, even when your fingers are cold or wet.
Finally, the GPSMap 60CSx is packed with some extra fun features. An integrated outdoor calendar provides ideal hunting and fishing times, plus moon rise/set/location information. There is a dedicated geocaching mode for those of you into the hot GPS community treasure hunt game. Finally, there are indoor/outdoor GPS games to help you and your friends enjoy the outdoors.
If you like the features of the 60CSx, but don't need an electronic compass and a barometric altimeter, check out the Garmin 60Cx.
What's in the Box
60CSx unit, 64 MB microSD card, belt clip, USB interface cable, MapSource Trip and Waypoint Manager CD, lanyard, owners manual, and quick-start guide.
Readmore
Technical Details
- High-sensitivity GPS receiver
- Bright, sunlight-readable color TFT display
- Color-handheld mapping ideal for both marine and outdoor use
- 64 MB microSD card for storage of optional map detail; NOTE: microSD card is located in the device, not as a separate, additional item
- Fast USB connectivity makes loading charts and maps quick and easy
See more technical details
2010-04-18
By C. Mayle
I realize that this basically a last generation GPS, it doesn't have a 3D display or a camera with geotagging. However, I cannot recommend this GPS enough.
I got it primarily for hiking and mountain biking, twice having found myself off a trail and lost in unfamiliar woods. So last year I loaded my 60Cx I've been on many regional mountain biking trips in unfamiliar woods armed with this GPS and the topographical maps and set out. The quality of the device is apparent the first time you use it. It doesn't have a colored 3d display, but it does have all of the land relief and contour information at your finger tips. It's very easy to see what kind of a climb you have in front of you when you're holding this thing. It breadcrumbs your route as well, so you can see real easily how to backtrack if you get lost. Mark landmarks or trailheads, and have it route you back to them later.
It's constructed very ruggedly. It waterproof and shock resistant. It's been over the handlebars with me quite a few times and it has never even received a scratch. I bought a plastic protective case for it, but I don't think it even needed it. It also goes out in the rain with me a lot. Never had an issue.
Another thing that this product has going for it is a large installed user base who are obsessive about mapping. It's not difficult to find someone who has mapped the trails of any excursion you plan to take. Those tracks are readily available a click away on the internet.
Another great feature this GPS has is one that's going by the wayside these days: It uses standard AA batteries instead of a proprietary rechargable battery. Think about it, if you're off several days into the woods, and it dies, are you going to be able to find an outlet or computer to plug it in to? You're much better off with standard AA batteries in that case. And the battery life is excellent anyway. I will change them once a summer, after taking several weekly day trips.
Note to buyers: This product only comes with what is called "base maps," which aren't good for road or trail.
You do have to buy to external products to get the most use out of it. You'll need to buy Garmin's topographical map set to get the off road benefits, and you'll need to buy City Navigator if you plan to use it for driving. Those can cost upwards of $100 each if you buy the entire US. Approx $50 if you buy individuals regions. Factor that into the cost of the device.
2010-04-18
By T. M. Gil
My review really breaks down into two categories: on the road (3 out 5 stars) and off the road (1 out of 5 stars).
Bad Parts
Preparing a trip on the computer is impossible for many reasons. For one, the software is absolutely terrible (both MapSource in Windows and Basecam on the Mac). For some obscure reason, for example, I cannot use the map that I paid $100 for on the computer. Eventually I figured out that by putting the device in USB Mass Storage mode, I can use the map in Basecamp on the Mac, but I never got it to work in Windows. As a consequence, it's nearly impossible to plan a route with a crippled map.
The interface to plan a route is bad beyond belief. Being a software engineer myself I can understand how programmers would design software this way. It's just that I expected Garmin to test their software on normal users. They obviously have not.
Importing a route using a .gpx file works, but then transferring it to the device fails, because there is an incomprehensible limit on the number of waypoints for a route (the max is 50). There is also a limit on the number of waypoints for a track (500), even though the active log allows tracks to have 10,000 waypoints. MapSource in windows allows you to reduce the number of waypoints for a route in various ways, but Basecamp for the Mac hides this feature somewhere deep in Preferences. All of this is undocumented and took me many hours to figure out.
I was only able to get a long-ish bikeride planned on the device by breaking it down into 4 parts. This involved planning the route using 200 waypoints, then deleting 150 of them, and transferring the remaining route to the device.
(And don't get me started on why Garmin felt the need to differentiate between tracks and routes. Probably another one of those engineering-driven decisions.)
The device itself is slow and has a deeply counter-intuitive interface. The manual is incomplete, and, in some cases, contains lies or refers to features that don't exist. Too many features on the device rely on the user pointing things out on a map that is awkward to use and slow to load.
All in all, the user experience for this device is deplorable. Had it not been for my software engineering background, I would have immediately returned it.
Good Parts
Once you finally get a route planned, the device is relatively helpful. It draws a purple line over the road you plan to travel. While it is sometimes awkward with giving directions (it doesn't really understand intersections very well), it's overall decent.
The device runs on AA batteries. That is much better than built-in rechargeable batteries.
2010-04-15
By Therapy M. (Portland, Ore)
The Garmin 60DSx was with us because it was a new toy and we wanted to put it to the test.. It Passed and saved us when we got disoriented.. we would have had an long extra warm day in the sun.. Thanks Gramin.. we will not leave home without it or the nuvie for the car..
2010-04-02
By F. Jensen
I have owned a Magellan for many years and always had problems getting a signal in the woods. Every time I really needed it, I couldn't get a signal. I purchased the Garmin GPS60 for snowmobiling. The base map, of course, doesn't even show most of the streets in the city I live in. I purchased the Topo US 24k Great Lakes map and overlayed the snowmobile tracks and it was fantastic!
I would have rated it a 5 but the screen is impossible to read while I'm moving because of it's size. I have to stop to read it.
2010-03-24
By David L. Morris
I've had this unit a couple of years. I had earlier garmin units, an etrex and then a couple of vistas, that I loved. I used them for both road and trail navigation. But it seems with Garmin the more you pay the less you get.
The maps on the vistas' were far superior (i have no idea what they're like now). All you have with this one are major highways and city names. And no topo - none.
For road use; if you're looking for the distance to say St Louis; the unit takes over after you enter the space and gives you a list of all the local towns/cities that start with St. The only thing you can do is move the entire *#&^! map over to near St Louis, then type in ST and scroll down and pick St Louis - then you can get your distance - for what it's worth. I still haven't figured out what the highway thing is supposed to do.
Frankly, I've stopped using it. Without the additional maps all it's good for is marking waypoints and you can get that, and much much more, in less expensive units.
My first problem with Garmin came years ago when my original etrex wouldn't turn on. To get it fixed, after tacking on shipping charges, would have cost more than purchasing a new one. My last problem with Garmin is this unit.
Images Product
Buy Garmin GPS 60CSx Handheld GPS Navigator Now
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar