Expand the range of your wireless network The Linksys Wireless-G Range Expander is the easy way to increase the effective coverage of your wireless network. Unlike adding a traditional access point to your network to expand wireless coverage, the Wireless-G Range Expander does not need to be connected to the network by a data cable. Just put it within range of your main access point or wireless router, and it bounces the signals out to remote wireless devices. This relay station or repeater approach saves wiring costs and helps to build wireless infrastructure by driving signals into even those distant, reflective corners and hard-to-reach areas where wireless coverage is spotty and cabling is impractical. The Range Expander is perfect to help cover large areas in multi-story homes, warehouse environments, public spaces, wireless Hot Spots, and outdoor venues -- anywhere you need extra coverage for your wireless network.
ReadmoreTechnical Details
- Dimensions - 1.1 x 7.4 x 6.9 in (H x W x D)
- Wireless Standard - IEEE 802.11b, IEEE 802.11g
- Security WEP - 64/128 bit WEP
Though it took some time to arrive, and was returned for who knows what reason, I'm very impressed and very happy with the way in which this product is able to extend a current wireless signal. I would highly recommend it! Thank you......
worked off and on...finally it worked great for about a week and now for some inexplicable reason it doesnt...i have passed this piece of junk to so many techies, and i have called customer service......
I spent a lot of time trying to install this thing but finally managed not totally sure how. I followed the recommendations to install without security first but every time I was trying to change security settings on the expander or on the router the expander's light would go from blue to red and I couldn't log on to the expander anymore so I figured something was wrong. I ended up doing some research on line and this is what I did:
1- got my network ready with security
2- Cat-5'd the wireless router to the expander
3- Push the "Autoconfig" button on the expander a few times until I got one of the lights blinking alternatively red & blue.
4- Logged on to the expander's website 192.168.1.240 to make sure all setting were correct. I don't think I changed anything though.
5- Unplugged the expander & plug it in another outlet - I then got two blue lights and I could access my secured network through the device...VICTORY!
As a result I recommend thinking twice about getting this device if you are neither a techie (which I am not) nor a very patient person. I was pretty close a couple times to just send that thing back yet my efforts paid off...but what a waste of time just to set up an Internet device!
Finally thinking back I wonder whether the first method I tried could have worked if I didn't assume that not being able to log on to the expander after changing security meant that something was wrong. I should just have unplugged the expander and plug it back again and that may have worked.......
This is the second one we've had to get. The first one just stopped working so we were forced to buy a new one. We looked into alternatives but with needing everything to be wireless to 3-4 laptops at the other end of our home, this was what we needed. It does expand the range. Our brand new router was still not enough to go from one end of our house to the other (over 100 feet and through stone...but I feel it should still be able to reach- though that is something to say about the Cisco Linksys router, not this item), so we decided on this. It works.......
This item only works with laptops. This is going to sound strange. I could not connect my blackberry 8900 to this only my laptop. This is the second linksys product I received to strengthen my bad linksys router. Instead I am going to buy a new router that is not Linksys or any brand connected to Linksys. The set up is annoying as well. They give you a cd, but you are just supposed to go straigh into the setup page via web browser. I only gave it two stars because it worked well atleast with the laptop. ......
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar