The Dual-Band Wireless-N Gaming Adapter gives wireless connection capabilities to any wired Ethernet-equipped game console. The Game Adapter can be used in several different ways. If you have an existing home wireless network and a cable or DSL Internet connection, the Game Adapter lets your Xbox, Xbox 360, PlayStation2 or 3, or GameCube attach to the network so you can get into online games without running wires to the game room. Or, use a pair of Game Adapters to form a "cable-less cable" between two game consoles for head-to-head gaming -- in the same room, or all the way across the house. There is also a special "Wireless LAN Party" mode to connect several consoles at once.
ReadmoreTechnical Details
- Lag-free head-to-head or Internet gaming, without stringing wires
- Converts wired-Ethernet-ready game consoles to Wireless-N network connectivity
- Works without drivers on Xbox, Xbox 360, PlayStation2 or 3, and GameCube
- Dynamically changes channels and radio bands (2.4 or 5GHz) to find the fastest connection available
Go straight to Rak's instructions and ignore using the installation CD.
I would also like to a comment on his instructions. If you are going to use his "tip" on using the adapter to test the Internet connection, update your network connection to Obtain IP Address again. The static IP step prevented me from using my adapter to connect to the Internet.
Satelite VOD vs. Cable VOD is different. Satelite downloads the video while cable is accessible immediately.
Chose to edit Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4).......
Setup was simple ... in part because I'm an IT Pro by profession and I've used a number of similar devices in the past. By all accounts the Windows version of the setup is fantastically easy, but since I'm on a Mac now, I had to follow the manual setup process. It's a good product that works well, but if you're a Mac user not familiar with setup/configuration of networking equipment, make sure you have your "computer buddy"'s phone number handy.......
I bought the item to connect my Sony blu-Ray player to my home network in case a new software update was needed. It was a little hard to setup, but part of the problem was my trying to set up the adapter via the laptop wired connection and keep the wireless connection going on the laptop...just in case. Tech support asked me multiple times during a chat session about the computer connection and I told them that I was using the same computer to chat with them. They never got it. It was after the chat that I wondered if I should disable the wireless. After that the config went by the book. The Blu-Ray has updated the software twice since then and works like a charm.......
As others have reported, I did NOT run the set up cd with the Linksys despite all of the big warnings on the box and the unit itself. I simply hooked the Linksys unit up to my DirecTV HR-20 series receiver, followed the set up instructions, and a few minutes later, Video On Demand (pretty lame selection) was running smoothly. Same process for my new Panasonic G10 series TV. With the G10 you can access youtube, amazon on demand, weather and financial reports, and a few other streaming services. Hooked it up to the TV's ethernet port, the G10 recognized the Linksys unit immediately, and i was streaming youtube in a matter of minutes. Unfortunately I haven't been able to use the Linksys to network my Panasonic BD-60 bluray player. But it seems that the fault lies with the BD-60; many BD-60 owners report having trouble with wireless networking. UPDATE: Tried connecting the BD-60 again over the weekend, and this time it connected with my network. So 3 for 3 for this little adapter!!
As far as range, the HR-20, G10 and BD-60 are in our basement and networked with my Verizon FiOS router 2 floors above. Very pleased with the Linksys adapter after a few days!......
Used this for my XBox 360. Amazon had the best price as usual. Received the product and install went very smoothly. Had to do a manual install since the software that came with it is windows only but as long as you can setup a router manually you shouldn't have any problems with this unit. Wirelessly connected to an Airport Extreme Base Station. Glad to get 802.11n on my XBox, streams Netflix and plays games like a champ. ......
Tidak ada komentar:
Posting Komentar